Trust No Program

I can not install Sandboxie.

Please post your problem description here

I can not install Sandboxie.

Postby zygimont » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:12 pm

Hi all.
I have a problem with the installation of Sandboxie on my notebook with Windows 7 64-bit. I note that recently I had Sandboxie and everything was OK, but I had to restore the system partition from a previous backup and now I can not install this program.
I think the driver may not be installed. However, I have no idea why. These messages appear on the desktop:

SBIE2331 Service start failed: [22/5] Access denied.

Install package is 64-bit and Install as an administrator. Can anyone help me find the cause of failure installation? Sorry for bad English. Regards.
Last edited by zygimont on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
zygimont

Postby Guest10 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:42 pm

You can try installing Sandboxie to an alternate location, such as:
C:\Program Files\SBIE
instead of
C:\Program Files\Sandboxie

If that doesn't work, what other security programs do you use?

It appears that something is keeping the Sandboxie service from starting, and the driver will not load into memory because of that.
Either that, or you are using a User account that does not have the authority to start the service at start up.
Paul
XP Pro SP3 (Admin), Zone Alarm Pro Firewall, Malwarebytes Pro, Firefox 32, Thunderbird 31.
Sandboxie user since March 2007.
Guest10

Postby zygimont » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:04 pm

Guest10 wrote:
If that doesn't work, what other security programs do you use?

It appears that something is keeping the Sandboxie service from starting, and the driver will not load into memory because of that.
Either that, or you are using a User account that does not have the authority to start the service at start up.

I've tried the location of C: \ Program Files \ SBIE. Unfortunately, further shows the errors. I only have an Administrator account. Also I thought it was the installation of AV block, but turned off NIS and Zemana AL and continue the same. Thank you for your response.
zygimont

Postby Guest10 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:07 pm

Can you access the list of services on your version of Windows using:
Start > Run > services.msc
Scroll to the "Sandboxie Service" and see if it's listed as "Started" and "Automatic"

Maybe try to start it there, if it shows as not running, by double-clicking the entry and clicking Start.
Paul
XP Pro SP3 (Admin), Zone Alarm Pro Firewall, Malwarebytes Pro, Firefox 32, Thunderbird 31.
Guest10

Postby zygimont » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:35 pm

Sandboxie Service launched on the local computer, and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not used by other services or programs - this message. The service is "started" and "automatic". However, I noticed that there is no active process of Sandboxie.
zygimont

Postby StrampY » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:17 am

i get an error when installing saying:
CreateService: The name is already in use as either a service name or a service desplay name.
i had it working ages ago but now wont let me, any help would be welcome
StrampY

Postby Guest10 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:57 pm

zygimont wrote:Sandboxie Service launched on the local computer, and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not used by other services or programs - this message. The service is "started" and "automatic". However, I noticed that there is no active process of Sandboxie.
Sandboxie's service is not dependent on anything else, as far as I know.
It should start and keep running until it's needed.

If you try starting it again, run Event Viewer to see if there's any clue as to why it stopped.
Start > Run > eventvwr.exe > OK
Click on System in the left pane and look for (X)Error, then double-click on (X)Error.

I assume that you haven't changed anything with the Compatibility setting for the service, by using right-click > Properties for SbieSvc.exe
Paul
Guest10

Return to Problem Reports