Trust No Program

Sandboxie does not work properly in Mozilla Firefox

Please post your problem description here

Sandboxie does not work properly in Mozilla Firefox

Postby Sandboxie90 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:43 am

Hello, when I open the browser and run a sandboxie isolated firefox I have two problems, the first is that I get black when I look at the menus, get screenshot:

the other problem is that when I go to youtube.com to see videos I have blocked the website and I can not do anything...

I have Sandboxie 3.76 and my OS is Windows 7 64bit. And I feel the freeze of the browser and web pages with flash since I have installed the Online Armor Free firewall
Last edited by Sandboxie90 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandboxie90

Postby Acadia » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:01 pm

Bingo, same problem. This occurred after upgrading to Firefox 18 on my Win7 64-bit system. Firefox DOES work when it is not sandboxed. Even stranger, Firefox 18 works in my virtual machine while sandboxed but I have WinXP 32-bit installed in the VM. It is only directly on my Win7 64-bit when sandboxed that Firefox does not work, none of the drop down menus or bookmarks at the top work, just keep getting those empty black boxes.

Acadia
The blazing evidence of immortality is our dissatisfaction with any other solution. -- Emerson
Acadia

Postby Pignick » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:50 pm

Same problem here, but just noticed that if I disable option "Use hardware acceleration when available" (in FF), menus work ok (at least for me). I'm on Win7-64bit with Sb 3.72...
Pignick

Postby Acadia » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:19 pm

Pignick, that did the trick, thank you!

Acadia
The blazing evidence of immortality is our dissatisfaction with any other solution. -- Emerson
Acadia

Postby Sandboxie90 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:23 pm

Thanks for responding! A problem has been solved ... I ignoring the Pignick message that said you have to disable "Use hardware acceleration when available" and that is what I have done! and tried to open the browser mozilla firefox isolated a sandboxie and I can watch the browser menus correctly without the black background ... But the other problem that you have not said anything I have when I see youtube.com videos or websites that contain flash freezes my browser and I can do nothing, as I do?
Sandboxie90

Postby Pignick » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:55 pm

Sandboxie90: Well, I have no problems viewing flash content (youtube, vimeo), so don't know what's the problem. And I also use OA...Only thing that comes to mind (although it has nothing to do with the Sandboxie) is Ask updater/toolbar. Last year I had a weird problem with FF and flash on one desktop at work. I couldn't get the flash work in FF, no matter what I did. Same time Chrome and flash worked just fine. I don't recall how I noticed it, but problem was the Ask updater (or something to do with Ask), so uninstalling it solved the problem. Probably your problem is something else, but that's one idea. Here's a mozillaZine-thread about freezing youtube: http://tinyurl.com/arvmo5s
Pignick

Postby Sandboxie90 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:29 pm

as? I do not understand ... you say that may be the problem that I freeze the browser when I run a sandboxie isolated and sailed on youtube.com and on websites that contain flash? firefox just about me ... and when I open firefox without sandboxie works correctly and I can see youtube videos and such ... as I do?
Sandboxie90

Postby bo.elam » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:01 am

Sandboxie90 wrote:And I feel the freeze of the browser and web pages with flash since I have installed the Online Armor Free firewall

In the last year or so I heard many people complaining when using Online Armor along SBIE. Since your problem started since installing OA, I suggest you uninstall it and find something else.

If I recall correctly, people have problem when using the Run safer feature in OA at the same time as enabling Drop Rights in SBIE. Also, their Web guard causes pages to freeze when running sandboxed.

Personally, I don't have any problems with Flash and SBIE in W7/XP 32bits. Firefox work great and feel the same sandboxed or unsandboxed.

Bo
bo.elam

Postby Sandboxie90 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:05 pm

Then I have to uninstall Online Armor Free computer so I can not freeze the browser when trying to view web pages containing videos and flash through Sandboxie? or to do something else or off to work with sandboxie firefox and I can not freeze the browser when trying to view web pages containing videos and flash?
Sandboxie90

Postby bo.elam » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:25 pm

You could try not using their web guard and using Drop Rights in Sandboxie instead of Run safer and see if it makes a difference. If it doesn't, then you could uninstall OA to confirm whether OA is the one causing your issues or not. Thats what I would do if I was you.

Bo
bo.elam

Postby Acadia » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

I am not entirely sure what is going on here people so please bear with me. All I can say is that I am now using SB (latest paid version) and FF18 and OA (latest paid version) without any problems. I must admit that the problems of others may be far over my head and I am not understanding all that is being said, but everything is working fine for me, Flash, video, etc.

Acadia
Acadia

Postby bo.elam » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Acadia, personally, I am not having any kind of problem running Firefox18 and SBIE 3.76 in two different computers. No need to disable anything neither. But since Sandboxie90 started having issues after he installed OA, it could be that OA is conflicting with SBIE in his system. Issues between OA and SBIE are well documented, check around.

Bo
bo.elam

Postby Sandboxie90 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:15 pm

bo.elam wrote:You could try not using their web guard and using Drop Rights in Sandboxie instead of Run safer and see if it makes a difference. If it doesn't, then you could uninstall OA to confirm whether OA is the one causing your issues or not. Thats what I would do if I was you.

Bo

Do not you understand, you're saying that I have no use or off? I disabled Web Protection and Guard Program Online Armor and tried ... and still the problem with sandboxie and firefox and the browser freezes when I go to see web pages that there are videos and flash ...
Sandboxie90

Postby Sandboxie90 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:27 pm

And if it happens to me since I installed Online Armor Firewall on mozilla firefox browser crash (just) isolated a sandboxie and want to see web pages and Flash video ...
Sandboxie90

Postby Acadia » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:32 am

bo.elam wrote:Issues between OA and SBIE are well documented, check around. Bo

Err, nothing personal, I was just trying to help between SB and FF. I have no issues between SB and OA. Like I said, many of these issues may be over my head as I am not an expert on these things, please remember that.
Acadia
Acadia

Next

Return to Problem Reports