Trust No Program

Sandboxie and BlueStacks app player

Please post your problem description here

Sandboxie and BlueStacks app player

Postby Otyg » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:54 am

Hello< i'm trying desperately to install this in sandboxie right when it almost finishes install it says unsupported ntopenkeyex then rolls back the install, please help get this working

you can get the program here
http://bluestacks.com/
Otyg

Postby tzuk » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:07 pm

Usually warnings about NtOpenKeyEx are benign, so maybe it's something else entirely that is failing the installation and causing rollback.

In any case I made a note to look into this, but I'm sorry to say that I can't give any immediate solution.
tzuk
tzuk
Site Admin

Postby Otyg » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:51 pm

ok so sandboxie failed at installing it so I installed on my system, then I thought I could load everything in sandboxie from there, I know this program uses a system driver, I have tried everything to make sandboxie to load this driver but it always pops up blocked attempt to load system driver, I tried including direct access to the driver file and registry service key, so I don't know why its refusing to start the driver under sandbox I followed the instructions perfectly blockDrivers=n ..etc, and I made sure the driver was stopped on my system first so it wasn't a conflict

another question is this program uses a log of services to communicate, if I block internet access in sandboxie it also blocks the services , do you know a way around this? (general question since I have this issue with other programs services as-well)
This software is pretty system abusive it does online checks ...etc I just want to isolate it, maybe i'll try vmware thinapp if sandboxie can't handle it, another funny thing is I can't even install it in virtualbox it just shows a green screen (probly because of opengl).....
Otyg

Same problem here!

Postby piterkater » Wed May 08, 2013 4:56 pm

Otyg, do you found something?
piterkater

Return to Problem Reports