Trust No Program

Internet connection slow and stuttering movies

Please post your problem description here

Internet connection slow and stuttering movies

Postby kwout » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:28 pm

I have a problem. I've updated the program engine from Avast Free to the newest version. I've also the latest version of Sandboxie. But when i start sandboxie and go to youtube f.e, the movie interrups sometimes and internet start up is very slow.

Outside the Sandboxie, everything is all right. But all the problems began when i updated Avast Free to the very newest program engine. So is there a conflict between the new (program) engine version of Avast (or the latest Avast) and Sandboxie (the latest).

So when i start sandboxie , internet is very slow, websites load very slow, and when i play a movie on youtube , the movie is stuttering. Outside Sandboxie, everything is ok, no problems with youtube video, no stuttering.

So do i have to wait to the following update of avast so sandboxie works good? Or not? What can i do to resolve this problem? Maybe update Flash?
kwout

Postby tzuk » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:15 am

Which version of Sandboxie please? Which browser do you use?
tzuk
tzuk
Site Admin

Postby kwout » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:26 pm

sandboxie 3.72
browser: Firefox
kwout

Postby tzuk » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:29 pm

Is it possible that Avast is trying to autosandbox the Firefox that is also protected by Sandboxie?
Please try to turn off sandbox in avast to see if it makes a difference.
If that doesn't make a difference, can you try to uninstall avast temporarily, to confirm that avast actually is playing a part in this incompatibility?
tzuk
tzuk
Site Admin

Postby kwout » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:34 am

i can only test it next week; but thanks for the advice, i 'll test it next week on that pc, it's the pc of my brother.
kwout

Return to Problem Reports