Trust No Program

Stil Freezing w/ 64bit Win7

Please post your problem description here

Stil Freezing w/ 64bit Win7

Postby tooth » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:49 pm

I am using Firefox 4 with AdBlock, NoScript installed. The latest version of Sandboxie, (i have also tried Sandboxie 3.54).

My machine is windows home 64bit i7 processor

When visiting sites such as gmail, twitter, facebook, etc...

It 1. freezes temporarily before i can click into the login fields, and 2. even after clicking login/submit it temporarily freezes again before finally logging in and operating fine.

So I'm not sure what is causing the freezing, but it's something related to Sandboxie as i have absolutely no problems running Firefox 4 without a sandbox.

I've already tried creating a fresh non-configured sandbox...cleared all the cache/cookies/etc (which isn't related anyway, but just incase you ask).

I know this isn't a new issue, but I never saw an form of resolution other than telling people to install different versions, of which I have already tried..

I have a suspicion it's somehow related to 64bit? As I have windows7 (32bit) at work with sandboxie 3.54 and firefox4 that doesn't seem to have the errors.

Thanks
tooth

Postby tzuk » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:27 am

I'm not sure I saw a similar problem report recently. What do you mean, "temporarily" freezing?
tzuk
tzuk
Site Admin

Postby tooth » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:44 pm

The webpage/mouse itself freezes as if it's stuck trying to load something, then finally continues on.

As in the cursor...can't move the cursor or click anything for 4-5 secs before it seems to finally load
tooth

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:30 pm

tooth wrote:It 1. freezes temporarily before i can click into the login fields, and 2. even after clicking login/submit it temporarily freezes again before finally logging in and operating fine.

Do you have any software that manages passwords or helps you login? Perhaps fingerprint reader or smart card software?
Mike

Postby tzuk » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:47 pm

If you can't move the cursor then it sounds like a system-wide freeze and not specific to a particular application. But I'm not sure why this should happen. I can't think of any specific operation within Sandboxie that should take 4-5 seconds and might explain the freeze. I'm not sure there is something that I can do about it at this time.
tzuk
tzuk
Site Admin

Postby tooth » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:23 pm

Ok thanks, I'll just move to a different sandbox program. Sandboxie with firefox is the only time this happens, without Sandboxie firefox has no problems, so I guess I'll just have to remove the only thing I can determine to be causing the problem.

Thanks
tooth

Return to Problem Reports