Trust No Program

Sandboxie Service Error

Please post your problem description here

Sandboxie Service Error

Postby you878 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:05 pm

I am running a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit PC. I use AVG and Zemana Antilogger as my security (both of which I installed months ago and have never caused problems before). I have Sandboxie 3.62 installed, and it has been working fine for several days now. Today, however, I noticed that the Sandboxie taskbar icon had an exclamation point on it, so I viewed the error message and it said:
"SBIE2331 Service start failed: [22 / 5] Access is denied."

So, I went to the services panel and saw that the SbieSvc was not starter, so I tried to start it and it gave the error:
"The Sandboxie Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."
I am using the only administrator account on the computer.

So, I then tried reinstalling Sandboxie by using the "Upgrade" option of the 3.62 installer. It still did not work.

I tried uninstalling Sandboxie, restarting, and reinstalling Sandboxie again and it sill did not work. I am also still unable to start the SbieSvc service.

I have been using the paid version of Sandboxie for years and it has never failed me like this before. Please help.
you878

Postby tzuk » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:12 pm

Try to un-install Sandboxie and install a new copy into an alternate folder location like C:\Program Files\SBIE.

In many cases the problem is your other security software decide to start blocking Sandboxie programs and the blocking rule is based on where the program is installed. So when you reinstall to a new path, it gets around the problem.
tzuk
tzuk

Postby you878 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:45 am

I actually tried doing a system restore and it somehow works now. I'll see if the problem comes up again and try your suggestion.
you878

Postby glsan » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:12 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem, but unistalling and installing the latest version doesn't fix the problem.

Bye
glsan

Postby tzuk » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:13 pm

Did you have a working installation of Sandboxie previously and then the problem just suddenly appear? If that's the case then it is possible that some other security software has started blocking Sandboxie. Try to uninstall Sandboxie and install to a different folder location. If you have security software that is blocking Sandboxie on the old location, this may help to get around the problem.
tzuk
tzuk

Postby glsan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Oddly, it was warking again the day after I repoted this issue, without changing anything.

Thanks
glsan

Return to Problem Reports