Trust No Program

can sandboxie keep passwords

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it goes here

can sandboxie keep passwords

Postby gibson58 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi all,
can sandboxie keep passwords ?Every time i must write them...it's annoyng...
gibson58

Postby MichaelS » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:01 pm

Sandboxie's not a password manager. Consult with your browser's manual for that or look for password managers.
MichaelS

Postby tzuk » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:23 pm

Maybe you're talking about cookies rather than passwords? If you mean that when you use the browser outside the sandbox, it already remembers the web sites that you logged into to, then we're probably talking about cookies and not passwords.
tzuk
tzuk
Site Admin

Postby gibson58 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:33 pm

Yes, i think i mean cookies(my english is not good).I do not want write password every time when visit the same site
gibson58

Postby tzuk » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:56 pm

Which Internet browser program do you use?
tzuk
tzuk
Site Admin

Postby gibson58 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:57 pm

Mozilla Nightly
gibson58

Postby tzuk » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:00 pm

I don't know what that means. If you mean Firefox, then open Sandboxie Control and then from the Sandbox menu,

open Sandbox Settings > expand Applications > Web Browser > Firefox
Select "allow direct access to cookies" and possibly also "allow direct access to passwords"

Give it a try and check if that makes a difference.
tzuk
tzuk
Site Admin

Postby gibson58 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:52 pm

Yes it's work for Firefox,BUT:
I have Mozilla firefox ,AND Mozilla firefox Nightly http://nightly.mozilla.org/ .
"Nightly" don't appear in "Sandbox Settings > expand Applications > Web Browser" .There appear only ,IE,firefox,google chrome,Other...How to set
"Nightly" to remember cookies/passwords?
gibson58

Postby Guest10 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:51 pm

Please describe how you have Firefox and Nightly installed:

Are they both installed outside of sandboxes?
If so, then I assume that they each have their own Firefox profile files, in different folders outside of any sandboxes.

Do you use the same sandbox for both of them, or does each one use its own sandbox?
Paul
XP Pro SP3 (Admin), Zone Alarm Pro Firewall, Malwarebytes Pro, Firefox 32, Thunderbird 31.
Sandboxie user since March 2007.
Guest10

Postby gibson58 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:23 pm

Yes.They both installed outside of sandboxes.
I use the same sandbox for both of them.
gibson58

Postby Guest10 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:58 pm

Since both are installed outside of sandboxes, then I assume that each one has its own profile folder and files.
And since you use the same sandbox for both of them, you can use these settings for that sandbox and both Firefox and Nightly will allow cookies and passwords to be saved outside of the sandbox:

Sandbox Settings > Resource Access > File Access > Direct Access
"Add Program" button: firefox.exe

"Edit/Add" button: *\cookies*
Click the "Apply" button.

"Edit/Add" button: *\key3.db

"Edit/Add" button: *\signons.sqlite
Click OK to save your work.

----
If you also want to allow bookmarks to be stored outside of the sandbox, by Firefox and Firefox Nightly:

Sandbox Settings > Resource Access > File Access > Direct Access
"Add Program" button: firefox.exe

"Edit/Add" button: *\bookmark*

"Edit/Add" button: *\places*
Click OK to save your work.
Paul
XP Pro SP3 (Admin), Zone Alarm Pro Firewall, Malwarebytes Pro, Firefox 32, Thunderbird 31.
Guest10

Postby gibson58 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:55 pm

It's work.Thank you very mutch!
One more question:
Is it safer when the browser is installed in the sandboxie?
gibson58

Postby Guest10 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:31 pm

gibson58 wrote:Is it safer when the browser is installed in the sandboxie?
No, it's just as safe.
If the browser is inside of a sandbox then its files and Registry changes would all be stored in the sandbox, and it would be easy to delete everything just by deleting the sandbox contents.
There would not be a reason to allow cookies, passwords, bookmarks out of the sandbox in that case, since those profile files only exist inside of the sandbox.
When a browser is installed inside a sandbox, if it gets infected by malware you cannot just delete the malware from the sandbox without also deleting the browser and all of your extensions and settings.
So having the browser outside of the sandbox and deleting the sandbox contents after each use is the better way.
Paul
Guest10

Postby gibson58 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:45 pm

Тhank you again.
gibson58

How to use Password Manager in sandboxie?

Postby Bluesman » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:11 am

Hi!

I´m really positively surprised how friendly and helpful people are in this forum. Great :D

I have a question also: I use Kaspersky Pure and there´s a password manager intergrated. But when I fill in a password in Internet Explorer running sandboxed, the usual pop up window (asking me to add the password to the password manager) doesn´t pop up?

Can someone tell me how to integrate that password manager into my sandbox? It´s annoying to enter all the passes again and again each day...

If someone knows how to integrate KeePass I´m willing to check out that program also, if I just get some sort of password manager again...

I don´t want to miss sandboxie any more... 8)

Thanks a lot,
Bluesman
Bluesman

Next

Return to Anything Else