Trust No Program

Safari configuration

Please post your problem description here

Safari configuration

Postby mrq » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:25 pm

Under Sandbox Settings>Applications>Web Browser there are settings for IE, Firefox, and Chrome, but not for Safari. I can sandbox Safari by entering it into the Forced Programs area, but that doesn't provide options for bookmarks, cookies, etc that are available with the other browsers. Am I missing something, or is this really the only way to run Safari sandboxed? I didn't see anything in the online help that addresses this. I'm running 64-bit Sandboxie 3.56 on a Windows 7 machine.

Thanks!
mrq

Postby Guest10 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:34 pm

There are too many browsers to maintain settings for all of them in Sandboxie's settings.
However, depending on how familiar you are with the folders and files that Safari uses, we might be able to develop some settings that will be posted in the Forum for those who need them.

[Edit]Offer to help develop settings for Safari is withdrawn.
On my computer: Too many WebKit2WebProcess.exe crashes, including when running unsandboxed.
Browser is frustratingly slow, and sometimes can't navigate between sites: probably due to the problem with WebKit2WebProcess.exe.
Safari v5.1.2 on XP
[/Edit]
Paul
XP Pro SP3 (Admin), Zone Alarm Pro Firewall, Malwarebytes Pro, Firefox 32, Thunderbird 31.
Sandboxie user since March 2007.
Guest10

Return to Problem Reports