Trust No Program

firefox 9 and Noscript

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it goes here

firefox 9 and Noscript

Postby peterw » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:41 am

Hi Iam funning firefox 9 forced and auto delete, is it possible to set it so that it remembers my Noscript settings ?

Found what i was looking for Excellent post by Guest 10

http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopi ... t=noscript
peterw

Postby Guest10 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Some of NoScript's more advanced settings are also kept in a file and in a sub-folder in the Firefox profile folder.
They are basically for the items on NoScript's Options > "Advanced" tab.
File: NoScriptSTS.db
Sub-folder: ABE\Rules

Currently, I only use NoScript in my banking sandbox, and I have these settings there:

OpenFilePath=firefox.exe,*\ABE\Rules\*
OpenFilePath=firefox.exe,*\NoScriptSTS.db

If you don't run Firefox unsandboxed very much you may not have these items in your unsandboxed profile folder, since they would normally be trapped in the sandbox.
Paul
XP Pro SP3 (Admin), Zone Alarm Pro Firewall, Malwarebytes Pro, Firefox 28, Thunderbird 24
Guest10

Postby peterw » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:23 pm

Thanks Guest 10
Why dont you use Noscript all the time ?

Another problem this time with Cookie Monster cannot seen to get it to remember settings i have added
both *\prefs.js, *\cookies.sqlite
peterw

Postby Guest10 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:48 pm

peterw wrote:Why dont you use Noscript all the time ?
I've run across sites, during general surfing, where NoScript has caused Firefox to "hang", and requires me to terminate it.
My banking Firefox profile/sandbox combination uses NoScript, because I only go to a few sites during use.
peterw wrote:Another problem this time with Cookie Monster cannot seen to get it to remember settings i have added both *\prefs.js, *\cookies.sqlite
I see one other message in the forum where those 2 files are the ones to give direct access.
Try adding an extra wild card at the end of one of those, because cookies.sqlite is not immediately updated by Firefox since they switched to the new SQLite version. There's also "cookies.sqlite-shm" and "cookies.sqlite-wal", and without the end wild card in the setting those files will stay in the sandbox - perhaps, not updating the main cookies.sqlite before you exit Firefox.

OpenFilePath=firefox.exe,*\cookies.sqlite*

or, you can just use the Template for Firefox cookies, at
Sandbox Settings > Applications > Web Browser > Firefox
which does the same thing, a little differently, by specifying:
cookies*
in a direct access setting.

If this still doesn't work, the way I determine what files I put in direct access settings is by studying the files that are trapped in the sandbox, while using Firefox or just after using it.

Not all files need to be listed in direct access settings, of course, so if I made some change I look at the time stamp on the profile files in the sandbox, to see which files were modified at that time. Even then, you still need to examine the files - perhaps by viewing them with WordPad, to see if they were affected by the change that was made at that time.
Paul
XP Pro SP3 (Admin), Zone Alarm Pro Firewall, Malwarebytes Pro, Firefox 28, Thunderbird 24
Guest10

Postby peterw » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:59 am

For Cookie Monster

OpenFilePath=firefox.exe,*\permissions.sqlite
Win 7 Ultimate 64, Sandboxie 3.66
peterw

Postby crykid » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:21 pm

Can you please tell me where on sandboxie i should add these settings? Im having the same problem.
crykid

Postby Guest10 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:28 pm

crykid wrote:Can you please tell me where on sandboxie i should add these settings?
Settings for which extension(s)?

OpenFilePath settings are created by using:
(sandbox) > Sandbox Settings > Resource Access > File Access > Direct Access
"Add Program" button: firefox.exe
Either:
"Add" button: Navigate to and select the file or folder to allow out of the sandbox.
Or:
"Edit/Add" button: If you are using a setting (from the above posts) that has a wild card (*) in it, like any of these:
*\permissions.sqlite
*\cookies.sqlite*

These (3) are for NoScript:
*\prefs.js
*\ABE\Rules\*
*\NoScriptSTS.db

After each use of the Edit/Add button, you will need to click on Apply before you use that same button again.
Paul
Guest10

Postby crykid » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Doesnt work sir, NoScript still loses settings.
crykid

Postby Guest10 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:20 pm

crykid wrote:Doesnt work sir, NoScript still loses settings.
Then I suggest that you list the entire lines that you have for NoScript. Use Configure > Edit Configuration and scroll down to the settings for the sandbox.

"Q: Where's my NoScript configuration stored? How can I backup or migrate it? How can I reset it?
A: Your NoScript configuration, including permissions (whitelist/blacklist) and other settings, is stored together with all your Firefox preferences, inside your browser profile folder (prefs.js file). Whenever you backup your browser profile, you are saving the whole NoScript configuration as well."
http://noscript.net/faq#qa2_4
Paul
Guest10

Return to Anything Else