Trust No Program

Two Issues I Would Like Help With

Please post your problem description here

Two Issues I Would Like Help With

Postby Unknown_User_640 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:16 am

hi all,

i use opera 9.1 and can not save bookmarks. is there anyway to have them go to easy recover files section like IE7 bookmarks?

2nd issue is kind of a reversal. i can print pages with Opera 9.1 sandboxied from a webpage. but with Opera 9.1 sandboxed i can easily web pages

hopefully someon has some ideas on this.


Mike
Unknown_User_640
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am

Postby SnDPhoenix » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:50 pm

well for the first issue, just open up sandboxie control, goto Configuration -> Edit Configuration and add either this line:
OpenFilePath=%HOMEPATH%\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\opera6.adr
that way when you save bookmarks, they will get saved to the real bookmark file

or this line: RecoverFolder=%HOMEPATH%\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\opera6.adr
that way you can recover that file before you delete the sandbox.

now the second issue im not sure what you mean? are you saying that you cant print pages from opera when it is sandboxed, but you can print pages when opera isnt sandboxed? if thats the case, it may have something to do with your printer (some ppl have had printing problems lately) in which case you would have to run a trace to see whats wrong.
SnDPhoenix
 
Posts: 2690
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:44 pm
Location: West Florida

Postby Unknown_User_640 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:00 am

SnDPhoenix wrote:well for the first issue, just open up sandboxie control, goto Configuration -> Edit Configuration and add either this line:
OpenFilePath=%HOMEPATH%\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\opera6.adr
that way when you save bookmarks, they will get saved to the real bookmark file

or this line: RecoverFolder=%HOMEPATH%\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\opera6.adr
that way you can recover that file before you delete the sandbox.

now the second issue im not sure what you mean? are you saying that you cant print pages from opera when it is sandboxed, but you can print pages when opera isnt sandboxed? if thats the case, it may have something to do with your printer (some ppl have had printing problems lately) in which case you would have to run a trace to see whats wrong.


no actually i was exhausted after a long day and believe i was nodding off as i was typing that.

what i wanted to state was that with Opera sandboxed i can print, but with IE7 sandboxed i cannot. outside of a sandboxed environment i can print through both browsers.

and thank-you very much for the guidance on my first question. i belive i will follow option one, that seems to be an excellent approach.


Mike
Unknown_User_640
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am

Postby Unknown_User_640 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:48 am

simmikie wrote:
SnDPhoenix wrote:well for the first issue, just open up sandboxie control, goto Configuration -> Edit Configuration and add either this line:
OpenFilePath=%HOMEPATH%\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\opera6.adr
that way when you save bookmarks, they will get saved to the real bookmark file

or this line: RecoverFolder=%HOMEPATH%\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\opera6.adr
that way you can recover that file before you delete the sandbox.

now the second issue im not sure what you mean? are you saying that you cant print pages from opera when it is sandboxed, but you can print pages when opera isnt sandboxed? if thats the case, it may have something to do with your printer (some ppl have had printing problems lately) in which case you would have to run a trace to see whats wrong.


no actually i was exhausted after a long day and believe i was nodding off as i was typing that.

what i wanted to state was that with Opera sandboxed i can print, but with IE7 sandboxed i cannot. outside of a sandboxed environment i can print through both browsers.

and thank-you very much for the guidance on my first question. i belive i will follow option one, that seems to be an excellent approach.


Mike


thanks for the tip, i tried both ways and it did not work. so what i am asking is if perhaps this can become standard equipment in an upcoming build.

SnDPhoenix i truly appreciate your taking time out of your day to putin an assist. here is what i did and here is what happened:

so as not to make any typing errors, i copied the first "recipe" you provided. i opened the Configuration Editor, i found a line to paste it in and pasted. i saved the change i made, closed Configuration Editor (btw Sandboxie & Opera were also closed). i then refreshed the configuration and started Opera which is my default sandboxed browser, and clicked it in the Quick Start Menu. and got this message:

SBIE1406 Missing or Invalid Expansion for Homepath [c0000034] SBIE1203 Cannot Build Path List (error in Openfilepath).

so what i did next was insert a space between the preceding lines and the new line, saves, refreshed, attempted to sandbox Opera, same message as above. so i deleted that line,saved, refreshed, sandboxed Opera fine. came back here copied your second 'recipe', pasted to the very bottom this time, saved, refreshed, attempted to sandbox Opera and it came up fine this time, so i decided to attempt to bookmark this page, and when i attempted to recover the new bookmark, i received another error message which i did not write down. i have a very short fuze for tinkering with Windows and software so i rarely do it.

SnDPhoenix i want to thank you again for the generous offering of your time. Tzuk, please just make this a standard in an upcoming version so those of us who are not good at tinkering with softwares do not have to for mundane tasks. Firefox and IE save bookmarks/favorites, please make it so for Opera as well thanks....!


Mike
Unknown_User_640
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am

Postby SnDPhoenix » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:59 am

ok try this (for your first issue):

open opera (sandboxed or unsandboxed) and goto Help -> About Opera then goto the path's section and look for the bookmark path, it should be "C:\Documents and Settings\yournamehere\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\opera6.adr" (except instead of saying yournamehere, it should say whatever your windows account name is) well that is the path to your bookmark file, so all you would have to do is open the path by doing this:

OpenFilePath=Opera.exe,C:\Documents and Settings\yournamehere\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\opera6.adr

just remember to replace yournamehere with w/e your account name is.

also make sure you place it in the right place in your ini file (which would be under "Default Box" on its own line, you'll know you are looking in the right place when you see a bunch of other openfilepaths and openkeypaths), now the print issue, you would have to trace to find out what might be blocked, well i hope that helps you this time. :?
SnDPhoenix
 
Posts: 2690
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:44 pm
Location: West Florida

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:47 am

SnDPhoenix wrote:ok try this (for your first issue):

open opera (sandboxed or unsandboxed) and goto Help -> About Opera then goto the path's section and look for the bookmark path, it should be "C:\Documents and Settings\yournamehere\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\opera6.adr" (except instead of saying yournamehere, it should say whatever your windows account name is) well that is the path to your bookmark file, so all you would have to do is open the path by doing this:

OpenFilePath=Opera.exe,C:\Documents and Settings\yournamehere\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\opera6.adr

just remember to replace yournamehere with w/e your account name is.

also make sure you place it in the right place in your ini file (which would be under "Default Box" on its own line, you'll know you are looking in the right place when you see a bunch of other openfilepaths and openkeypaths), now the print issue, you would have to trace to find out what might be blocked, well i hope that helps you this time. :?


SnDPhoenix! you're a bleedin genuis! that did it. i did as you instructed, re-sandboxed Opera, came to this page, bookmarked it, and then went to recover files in Sandboxie Control Panel. Nothing to recover (or words to that effect) after an exasperated WTF! i realised the 'recipe' you gave me was to save sandboxed bookmarks right to the unsandboxed folder. so i fired up Opera unsandboxed looked into bookmarks and there they were, all three attempts! brillant!! you have solved THE major inconvience of my using Opera & Sandboxie...having mismatched bookmarks. now the same pages i save while sandboxed will be reflected when (which is very infrequently) i run an unsandboxed Opera. Thanks many times over. i had given up but you didn't. Cheers!


Mike
Guest
 


Return to Problem Reports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ky331 and 2 guests