Trust No Program

Use Eraserl.exe in specific location

Please post your problem description here

Use Eraserl.exe in specific location

Postby Pintas » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:21 pm

Hello,

I've been trying to make a script to call sandboxie in a specific kind of way but i'm having some troubles in secure deleting the sandbox.

I have Sandboxie installed in \App and i don't want Eraser fully installed, so i have Eraser.dll and Eraser.exe in the same folder as Sandboxie (\App). The default sandbox folder is in \ (not C:\, just a folder before \App).

I use the following in Sandboxie.ini to secure delete:

Code: Select all
[DefaultBox]
DeleteCommand=eraserl.exe -folder "%SANDBOX%" -subfolders -method DoD_E -queue -resultsonerror

As instructed in http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?DeleteCommand but without the path for eraserl.exe because it is in the same folder as Sandboxie instalation.

However, when i exit sandbox i get this error from eraser:
Error: There was nothing to erase.

What am i doing wrong?

Thank you and sorry to bother.
Pintas

Postby SBIE User » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:13 pm

Eraserl.exe is a separate program from eraser.exe and eraser.dll. When Eraser is installed, it places this in the C:\Windows\System32 folder.

If it is already in that folder, you don't need to give any path in the Sandboxie DeleteCommand setting, because C:\Windows\System32 is on the basic path statement already.

So I would suggest you check to make sure Eraser.exe, Eraserl.exe, Erasext.dll are all in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. Then just use the DeleteCommand code you noted in your message.

Hope that helps. I think the problem may have been that you did not realize Eraserl.exe is a separate program.
SBIE (Happy) User
SBIE User

Postby Pintas » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:25 pm

First of all, thank you for your reply.

I am aware that eraserl is a different program. But I don't want it installed, that's why i copied it to the sandboxie instalation folder. I just want it there along side sandboxie. But when i run it, the command doesn't work. Even if i install Eraser completelly, the error is the same, don't know what's wrong.

I keep getting a "There was nothing to erase." error.
Pintas

Postby SBIE User » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:56 pm

OK, since you did not mention Eraserl.exe in your original message I thought you might not know about it.

As I read your posts again, I realize that Sandboxie is finding and running Eraserl.exe just as you intend. The error message you mention is an Eraserl.exe error message, so the program location in your Sandboxie folder is working fine.

I have had this error message occassionally using Eraserl.exe in Sandboxie. It seems to occur if the sandbox is empty or if there is a program in the sandbox that has not been terminated -- perhaps a lingering program.

I'm not sure if that is what is causing your error message, but I am sure that the problem is not related to where you have located the Eraserl.exe file.

Good luck. I hope you can get it working.
SBIE (Happy) User
SBIE User

Postby Pintas » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:06 am

:D

You are right, i forgot to mention eraserl.exe... sorry about that.

Although i've checked if there is any program lingering, and there is not. In fact i've also tried running the eraserl.exe from the command line and i get the exact same error, so i guess it's completelly non-related to sandboxie at all.
I only got it working with this command line:

Eraserl.exe -folder "%CD%\Sandbox" -subfolders -method DoD_E -results

But this works only via command line, it produces no effect in sandboxie.ini

I'll ask for some help in the eraser forum....

Thanks again for your help.
Pintas

Postby SBIE User » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:39 am

Try this code in the DeleteCommand setting:

eraserl.exe -folder "%SANDBOX%" -subfolders -method DoD_E -queue -results
SBIE (Happy) User
SBIE User

Postby Pintas » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:22 am

I found the problem...

Not sure if i can share without Tzuk's permission.... lol

Anyway... i've solved my problem.