Trust No Program

SandboxiePortable **NEW THREAD**

Utilities designed for use with Sandboxie

Postby mantra » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:15 pm

wraithdu wrote:No, sorry but I can't. The launcher makes use of Sandboxie's silent install and silent uninstall features. I do not modify the Sandboxie program or files (except the INI) in any way.

Be aware when using this launcher that when you shut down Sandboxie Control, the program is totally removed (ie uninstalled). Are you sure this is the functionality you want?

coool!!!
really i want to make a donation to you
because i can't install software at work , and i tried your portable version and is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the way , it seems that the your launcher leaves regkeys , it doesn't clean every thing
well i used total uninstaller and it leaves some reg keys , now i don't know how export them

by the way your portable version ROCKS!
mantra

Postby wraithdu » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:40 pm

mantra wrote:seems great , but i need a reboot every time i use sandboxie??

No. This program is very well written NOT to need a reboot. Otherwise a portable version would be impossible.

If something goes wrong during the uninstall process, the launcher will warn you that you need a reboot to finish removal, but 99% of the time this will not happen.
wraithdu

Postby wraithdu » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:42 pm

mantra wrote:by the way , it seems that the your launcher leaves regkeys

Can you tell me what regkeys you've found?

Thanks and I'm glad you like it!
wraithdu

Postby mantra » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:15 pm

wraithdu wrote:
mantra wrote:by the way , it seems that the your launcher leaves regkeys

Can you tell me what regkeys you've found?

Thanks and I'm glad you like it!

well i don't know how export it
but i found many key here for example
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache\
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache\C:\SandboxiePortable\App\Sandboxie\Start.exe : Sandboxie Start

i should do a fresh install , and reinstall and check
mantra

Postby wraithdu » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:17 pm

Yes, you will find those. Do a google search on terms like ShellNoRoam and MUICache and Prefetch. These are Windows related registry entries and files created by the operating system. There's nothing I (or anyone else) can do about them. If you want to clean some of that stuff out, consider a program like CCleaner.
wraithdu

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:33 pm

wraithdu wrote:Yes, you will find those. Do a google search on terms like ShellNoRoam and MUICache and Prefetch. These are Windows related registry entries and files created by the operating system. There's nothing I (or anyone else) can do about them. If you want to clean some of that stuff out, consider a program like CCleaner.

well but there are more
well i did a fresh install and try to report them
by the way thanks for you great job

a portable version is really amazing!

Postby mantra » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:08 pm

hi use often sandboxie portable
but i did notice that every time i run the portable version i haven't the shell integration
i have every time to -->configure -->shell integration and setup ok
mantra

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:08 pm

Just tried this program for the first time. I'm just reading the tutorial and it will run Firefox fine, but when I go to run an app I get SBIE1241 error - Cannot mount registry hive! Have I missed something to configure??

Postby wraithdu » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:01 am

mantra wrote:hi use often sandboxie portable
but i did notice that every time i run the portable version i haven't the shell integration

I'm looking into this and I'll post back tomorrow.

Anonymous wrote:Just tried this program for the first time. I'm just reading the tutorial and it will run Firefox fine, but when I go to run an app I get SBIE1241 error - Cannot mount registry hive! Have I missed something to configure??

This is not a problem with the portable launcher. Please try a permanent installation and post your problem in the v3 help forum.
wraithdu

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:48 pm

I tried playing around some more and now it runs any application just fine! Don't know what I did, strange.
Works great though, thanks a lot!!

BTW, I am running this on my desktop computer, is there any reason to run the regular version, not the portable, on a desktop??

Postby SnDPhoenix » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:05 pm

Anonymous wrote:BTW, I am running this on my desktop computer, is there any reason to run the regular version, not the portable, on a desktop??

Well, the regular version is meant for a computer that you will always use Sandboxie on, the portable Sandboxie is for incase you'd like to bring it with you to go, maybe if you have to use multiple PCs, then you can just pop your USB stick in.
Truthfully, if its your desktop PC, then you should just use the regular version, however, it wont hurt anything if you use the portable version instead...
SnDPhoenix

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:26 am

Well, Is it likely possible to use the portable Sandboxie on a computer with Sandboxie installed??? :?

Please say yes! I'm going to be very disspointed if I can't run sandboxie on any computer regardless if sandboxie is already installed. :cry:

Also will tzuk mind making sandboxie naturally portable?? As Far as I can tell it could be a simple matter of register/unregister/delete services and write/copy/delete registry keys.

Please reply with an answer. :roll:

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:03 am

I'm afraid to try it because I have too different versions, the portable version is the latest and installed is older and I'm afraid it might overwrite the settings for the thats installed, I wish for this not to be the case. Will the portable one play nice with my settings? :(

Postby wraithdu » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:23 am

Anonymous wrote:Will the portable one play nice with my settings? :(

Nope, sorry. The portable launcher uses Sandboxie's silent install feature (among other things) to function, per tzuk's request. So it is incompatible with a local install. In fact I've coded it so the launcher will not even run if it detects a local Sandboxie installation. If it did run, it would wipe out the local install once you closed the program. Also since SB uses a driver and a service, it's impossible to make it work side by side.
wraithdu

Postby mantra » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:23 am

wraithdu wrote:
mantra wrote:hi use often sandboxie portable

I'm looking into this and I'll post back tomorrow.

well this happen if i run sandboxie portable many time in a day

for example my xp startup , i run portable version , it run great
i close it

i run in after 30 seconds , i mean i run the portable launcher , well i haven't the shell integration :(
mantra

PreviousNext

Return to Contributed Utilities