Trust No Program

Introducing Alan from Invincea

If it's not about a problem in the program

Postby bs1 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:11 pm

doktornotor wrote:Dear Buster, get a life and stop polluting this topic with yet another tirade.

In addition to myself, I suspect there are possibly numerous other longtime participants in this forum who have mixed feelings about what happened with Buster. For years he was a very strong contributor to the success of Sandboxie and was instrumental in identifying breaches. Indeed, not only on this forum, but also on others, he was a strong advocate and supporter of the Sandboxie product.

I'm not interested in wading into the rightness or wrongness of what happened to Buster. But I take exception to telling him "to get a life and stop polluting this topic with yet another tirade".

Setting that issue aside, I also join in welcoming Alan from Invincea. I think most of us, understandably so, are very curious regarding what to expect next. Frequent interaction and honest dialogue via this forum by Alan and other applicable Invincea staff will go a long way in my opinion.
Desktop: XP Pro SP3 32bit, Sandboxie 3.72, NOD32 AV, MBAM (free), Windows Firewall + router
Laptop: Win7 Home Pro 64bit, Sandboxie 3.76, Panda Cloud (free), Windows Firewall
bs1

Postby B_uster » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:50 pm

bs1 wrote:For years he was a very strong contributor to the success of Sandboxie and was instrumental in identifying breaches.

I was the only person, not just in this forum but in general, who was able to successfully identify a vulnerability in Sandboxie who allowed a program to write to real disk. I did that not only one time, but two times.

I made Sandboxie a better product. More secure. More stable. And one day, when I pretended to talk about security issues like I did in the past, I was menaced with a ban and finally banned for no reason.

After the announcement I guessed what was going on: I was trying to talk about security issues in the middle of Sandboxie's agreement to sell the product.

Well, now I would like to know if Alan or anyone from Invicea requested my ban. Depending of the answer I may contact Invicea or not to talk about a request that BSA users would thank.
B_uster

Postby Peter2150 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:36 pm

B_uster wrote:
bs1 wrote:For years he was a very strong contributor to the success of Sandboxie and was instrumental in identifying breaches.

I was the only person, not just in this forum but in general, who was able to successfully identify a vulnerability in Sandboxie who allowed a program to write to real disk. I did that not only one time, but two times.

I made Sandboxie a better product. More secure. More stable. And one day, when I pretended to talk about security issues like I did in the past, I was menaced with a ban and finally banned for no reason.

After the announcement I guessed what was going on: I was trying to talk about security issues in the middle of Sandboxie's agreement to sell the product.

Well, now I would like to know if Alan or anyone from Invicea requested my ban. Depending of the answer I may contact Invicea or not to talk about a request that BSA users would thank.

Buster you seem to be working hard to go for two bans. Why don't you leave it alone. You won't win.
Peter2150

Postby B_uster » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:43 pm

Peter2150 wrote:Buster you seem to be working hard to go for two bans. Why don't you leave it alone. You won't win.

That's my problem, not yours.
B_uster

Postby arran » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:12 pm

Can someone explain why Buster was banned in the first place? and post thread link
arran

Postby Peter2150 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:15 pm

arran wrote:Can someone explain why Buster was banned in the first place? and post thread link

I don't think that would be appropriate here. Tzuk had his reasons's and since this was his forum it was also his right.
Peter2150

Postby Curt@invincea » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:56 pm

Greetings everyone. I am one of the senior developers here at Invincea working on the Sandboxie code for the past year. I have been focusing on diagnosing and fixing problems problems integrating the Sandboxie core and our product with the many different enterprise configurations, various AV applications, security apps, networks, etc.

We've been extremely busy with the transition while we still have Ronen. We're integrating Sandboxie 4.06 into our product right now (currently we are on 3.86). Our first goal is to build & post the Sandboxie 4.07 release all by ourselves sometime next week. If you find any bugs, or especially security holes, we want to know about them.

We've been far too busy to ban anyone from the forum. The conspiracy theories in the forum are unfounded. But, talk is cheap, so we will just have to show you that we are not the evil empire (nor associated with it). Ronen has done a tremendous job of creating Sandboxie and maintaining it all by himself for the last 10 years. The man deserves a break. You now have a team of people working on Sandboxie. It is a great piece of engineering -- that's why we bought it. But please give us some latitude as we make this transition.

Thanks,
Curt
Curt@invincea
Site Admin

Postby B_uster » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:12 am

Thanks for the clarificatio, Curt. Really appreciated!

As you may know there are users having problems with Sandboxie 4.x.

Will you consider releasing a Sandboxie 3.76 installation package allowing to be installed on Windows 8?
B_uster

Conspiracy Theories?

Postby Aguijon » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:36 am

Everything is possible, conspiracies should be welcomed, if the guys claim to be very busy to be banning people, it is a fallacy!

personally, I believe there is some monstrosity behind the acquisition... unless the forum stays open for people like Buster, then I it the contrary of my statements

Some claim that NSA has minimal interest, but the NSA is interested on high level people that know how to configure firewalls and secure their windows system, and Sandboxie is perfect tool for those high level people to avoid any other options by the NSA to get into the PC, those backdoors that supposedly Windows has are worthless because they only work for Low-level users,

I think the person that told Buster to get a life... should apologize,
Aguijon

Postby Curt@invincea » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:07 am

There isn't much point in denying that we work for/with the NSA. If we did work for them, we would have to deny it -- so the denials would be identical. How do you know Ronen wasn't working for the NSA or the Mossad? Stuxnet was created by a U.S./Israeli collaboration. Perhaps they are working together again with Sandboxie! :)

@Buster

There have been too many changes to Sandboxie to make it compatible with Win 8 to go back to version 3. Sandboxie 3.X just won't work with Win 8. We're fully committed to making things work in Win 8, so we will just have to start solving these problems.
Curt@invincea
Site Admin

Postby B_uster » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:14 am

Thanks again, Curt!

Other question that many people is waiting to be replied is:

Will Sandboxie continue to be developed until now, as a stand-alone application, or it will be discontinued and integrated with other products?

Thanks for the reply!
B_uster

Postby Bellzemos » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:15 am

Hello Curt!

Can you please tell us more about your plans for the future? Will you be developing Freespace AND Sandboxie? And realease the new, updated versions separately? The licensing terms stay the same as they were before with Sandboxie? I think lots of us would like more information. :)

Thank you!
Bellzemos

Postby djkilla » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:25 am

B_uster wrote:Thanks again, Curt!

Other question that many people is waiting to be replied is:

Will Sandboxie continue to be developed until now, as a stand-alone application, or it will be discontinued and integrated with other products?

Thanks for the reply!

I've been waiting for this question to come up. I too have a lifetime licesnse but would like some clarification as to will this product still remain as it is now or will it be integrated into other products of yours? Also, any idea on future pricing for this product? Will our current lifetime license be honored? If so, for how long, lifetime of the current version or forever?
djkilla

Postby arran » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:00 am

Curt@invincea wrote:Greetings everyone. I am one of the senior developers here at Invincea working on the Sandboxie code for the past year. I have been focusing on diagnosing and fixing problems problems integrating the Sandboxie core and our product with the many different enterprise configurations, various AV applications, security apps, networks, etc.

We've been extremely busy with the transition while we still have Ronen. We're integrating Sandboxie 4.06 into our product right now (currently we are on 3.86). Our first goal is to build & post the Sandboxie 4.07 release all by ourselves sometime next week. If you find any bugs, or especially security holes, we want to know about them.

Thanks,
Curt

So does this mean that sandboxie is no longer going to be a stand alone product? And that you are not going to keep it unique ?
arran

Postby ad18888 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:12 am

Curt@invincea wrote:Greetings everyone. I am one of the senior developers here at Invincea working on the Sandboxie code for the past year. I have been focusing on diagnosing and fixing problems problems integrating the Sandboxie core and our product with the many different enterprise configurations, various AV applications, security apps, networks, etc.

We've been far too busy to ban anyone from the forum. The conspiracy theories in the forum are unfounded. But, talk is cheap, so we will just have to show you that we are not the evil empire (nor associated with it). Ronen has done a tremendous job of creating Sandboxie and maintaining it all by himself for the last 10 years. The man deserves a break. You now have a team of people working on Sandboxie. It is a great piece of engineering -- that's why we bought it. But please give us some latitude as we make this transition.

Thanks,
Curt

Glad to have you on the forum Curt. I think the Sandboxie community will do a good job reporting any bugs. Can't wait to see what you do with Sandboxie.
ad18888

PreviousNext

Return to Quick Questions